COLUMBIA, S.C. (September 5, 2017) – Fit Columbia, a versatile fitness center and yoga studio in the Five Points district of Columbia, SC, has brought together 19 women trainers across Columbia for a Fitness Fueled Fundraising Series to benefit WREN (Women’s Rights and Empowerment Network). From Hip Hop Cardio to Kickboxing, participants will learn new health and fitness skills while supporting a South Carolina nonprofit that advances the health, economic well-being and rights of women and girls.
Classes take place in September and October, and the series culminates in a garden party and check presentation at Fit Columbia on Oct. 19 at 6 p.m.
All 19 of the participating trainers are either past or current honorees of Women in Fitness, a program started by Angie Yong Sellers, owner of Fit Columbia, as a way to honor women who work together to make Columbia a healthier place.
“It seemed like a natural progression to expand this program to the entire month of September and October, working together with other women to raise money for nonprofits who have the same vision for Columbia and the state,” Sellers says. “When I learned more about WREN and what they are doing to advance women’s rights in the workplace and equal pay in our state, I was eager to help them.”
Adds Eme Crawford, WREN’s director of communications and learning: “WREN is thrilled to see our deeply held belief that ‘empowered women empower their communities’ in action, and we’re honored to partner with and benefit from Fit Columbia’s fitness fueled fundraising classes.”
Individuals are encouraged to try something new and sign up for one or all of the classes. One-hundred percent of class fees will be donated to WREN to continue their movement to provide a strong, collective voice for South Carolina’s women and girls.
This donation- based series is sponsored in part by Fit Columbia, Woodforest Bank and lululemon.
To register for any class, please visit fitcolumbia.com/fitnessfueledf
- Mild Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy with Lee Chamberlain at Studio O2 (Month of Sept.)
- Hatha Yoga with Pamela Meriwether at Fit Columbia (Sept. 2, 9:30 a.m.)
- Pilates Reformer with Victoria Durham at Pilates Bodies by Victoria (Sept. 2, 11:30 a.m)
- Balls & Booze: Medicine Balls & Beer Workout with Heather Cooper at Fit Columbia (Sept. 6, 6:30 p.m.)
- Zumba and Zumba Toning with Tammie Coleman Epps at lululemon (Sept. 11, 6 p.m.)
- Early Morning Workout with Jennifer Lunn at Fit Columbia (Sept. 13, 6:30 a.m.)
- Introduction to Triathlon with Stefanie Cain at Still Hopes Wellness Center (Sept. 16, 8 a.m.)
- Pilates with Ashley Hayes at Pilates of Forest Acres (Sept. 23, 10 a.m.)
- Yoga Nidra & Birthday Cake in Pajamas with Sue Eang at Fit Columbia (Sept. 27, 7 p.m.)
- Hip Hop Cardio with Lindsay Sprague lululemon (Sept. 24, 3 p.m.)
- Improvisational/Ecstatic Dance for Healing with Anne Marie Cockrell & Allison Beard at Emerald Ballroom (Sept. 24, 10:15 a.m.)
- Learn to Neutralize Painful Memories in Seconds with Martine Naar at Healing and Dreams (Sept. 26 and Sept. 26, 5 p.m.)
- Kettlebell Basics with Elise Matthews at K.O.R.E Wellness (Sept. 30, 11 a.m.)
- Kickboxing with Tamaya Goodwin at TNT Martial Arts (Sept. 30, 11:30 a.m.)
- Wall Yoga & Wine Reception with Juliet Hewitt at Fit Columbia (Oct. 5, 6:30 p.m.)
- Dharma Yoga Wheel with Angie Yong Sellers at Fit Columbia (Oct. 17, 11:30 a.m.)
- Hatha Yoga with Maxine Deutschendorf at Arsenal Hill Community Center (Oct. 10, 5:30 p.m.)
- Mommy and Me Yoga with Channing Anderson at Rooted (Oct. 14, noon)
Learn more about the 12-month Women in Fitness series as well as more information about the classes at fitcolumbia.com/fitnessfueledf
About Fit Columbia:
Fit Columbia is a versatile personalized training studio focused on one on one sessions and unique yoga classes, in the shopping, dining and entertainment district of Five Points in Columbia, S.C. Opened in 2011 by multi-certified fitness expert and yogi Angela Sellers, Fit Columbia offers a diverse menu of classes and training sessions, including yoga, aerial yoga, yoga with puppies, wall yoga, group fitness classes, strength and cardiovascular conditioning, and more. The staff at Fit Columbia offer a balanced approach to sustainable fitness and life enhancement through strength & mobility training, childlike play and yoga.
The Women’s Rights and Empowerment Network (WREN) is a South Carolina nonprofit, non-partisan network that is building a movement to advance the health, economic well-being, and rights of South Carolina’s women, girls, and their families. WREN provides a strong, collective voice for South Carolina’s women and girls.