COLUMBIA, S.C. (August 29, 2017) – For over a decade, local musicians have organized JerryFest to commemorate rock guitarist and music industry icon, Jerry Garcia. The Five Points Association, in conjunction with alternative clothing store Loose Lucy’s, will be hosting this year’s JerryFest. JerryFest is a free, family and pet friendly outdoor concert to celebrate the life and art of Jerry Garcia. Garcia was best known for his work as lead guitarist for the Grateful Dead and several albums as a solo artist. He was also ranked 46th in Rolling Stones “100 Greatest Guitarists,” near John Lennon ranked 55th and Prince ranked 33rd.
Perennial JerryFest hosts Don and Jenn McCallister, owners of Loose Lucy’s, have even more to celebrate this year at JerryFest. Loose Lucy’s came to Five Points in August 1992, and celebrates its 25th year this month of promoting the spirit of peace, love, and music found at Grateful Dead concerts.
Event Date and Timeline:
- Sunday, October 1st at the Five Points fountain
- 2pm - Columbia Community Drum Circle
- 3pm - 10pm – Live music from five bands
- Local food and artisan vendors
- Free, pet and family friendly event
- Live music kicking off at 2pm with the Columbia Community Drum Circle
Performance times are TBD.
- Cletus Baltimore
- George Fetner & The Strays
- Alien Carnival
- Ring Around the Sun
Arts & Crafts Vendors:
- Drifter Merch – offering Grateful Dead inspired apparel and accessories
- Emerald’s Artistry – offering face and body painting
- Hermana Luna – offering handcrafted jewelry made from metals, stones, and macramé string, as well as leather bags and hand-woven textile belts
- Hippy Do-Da – offering free spirit and bohemian inspired hand crafted jewelry
- Stoned Beautiful Jewelry – offering self-made artisan jewelry using natural stones, antlers, bone, and other organics with a Native American flare and 70’s inspiration
- Sun.Salt.Moon – offering boutique clothing
- Sunshine Terrapin – offering tie-dye, screen prints, hats, stickers, patches, skirts, and more
- Waccamaw Naturals – offering handmade soaps, body sprays, patchwork clothing & handbags, dream catchers, and acrylic paintings
- The Belgian Waffle Truck – offering gourmet Belgian waffles, both savory and sweet
- Brain Freeze Italian Ice – offering assorted flavors of Italian Ice
- Village Idiot Pizza – offering pizza by the slice
JerryFest would not be possible without the support from these Midlands’ businesses: KW Beverage, Stone Brewery, CJ’s, Loose Lucy’s, BNC, The Mad Platter, Grimball Cotterill & Associates, Jake’s, Wolfe & Taylor Realtors, Listen Local, the City of Columbia, Experience Columbia SC, and the Five Points Association.
For more information about JerryFest, please visit www.FivePointsColumbia.com.