COLUMBIA, S.C. -- South Carolina Educational Television (SCETV) has launched a workforce-focused public service announcement (PSA) series entitled "Your Path, Your Jouney."
WHAT: "Your Path, Your Journey" South Carolina workforce PSA series
BACKGROUND: “Your Path, Your Journey” intends to address public awareness of non-degreed careers in order to cultivate a skilled workforce and ensure continued economic growth in South Carolina. The series features nine young individuals who have gotten jobs while in high school; obtained technical certificates; and are working toward associate degrees or are participating in various professional training programs. In addition to the 0:30 spots that will air on SCETV channels statewide, 0:60 spots will be published on this webpage designed to promote the initiative.
From each unique perspective, they present to the audience the wide range of educational opportunities that lead to stable and lucrative careers. Their enthusiasm and passion about the paths they have chosen will encourage young people to consider industrial vocations. And, the personal experiences they convey will help reduce the negative stigma normally associated with manufacturing and other related occupations.
Please see below for a list of participating individuals, their employers and educational entities.
- Blake Bentley, welder and fabricator at Oilmen’s Truck Tanks
- Cole Quinn, mechatronics apprentice at Benteler Automotive and student at Spartanburg Community College
- Danill Kaplun, machine tool apprentice and machine operator at Camco Machining
- Elvis Fitz, maintenance apprentice at ZF Transmissions and student at Piedmont Technical College
- Michelle Hutcheson, S.C. Works Trainee at Finalcontrol Inc.
- Samuel Wyatt, mechatronics apprentice at Benteler Automotive and student at Spartanburg Community College
- Kelvin Smith, industrial electrician at S.C. Ports Authority and student at Trident Technical College
- John Hughes, mechatronic apprentice at ZF Transmissions and student at Piedmont Technical College
- William Ball, line technician at Duke Energy
About South Carolina ETV and Public Radio
South Carolina ETV is the state's public educational broadcasting network. Using television, radio and diverse digital properties, ETV's mission is to enrich lives by educating children, informing and connecting citizens, celebrating our culture and environment and instilling the joy of learning. ETV currently presents A Chef’s Life, Expeditions, Making it Grow, Palmetto Scene, Reel South, This Week in South Carolina, Yoga in Practice and Live from Charleston Music Hall on public television in addition to the national radio production, Chamber Music from Spoleto Festival USA.