Columbia- The Lourie Center will hold its 2018 Fall Festival on Friday October 5, 9 am to 2 pm. The event is free and open to the public. This annual festival is a fun and informative senior wellness expo featuring local senior service representatives, health screenings, flu shots, a free lunch, and an assortment of entertainment and activities. We invite those who are already seniors (as well as those who have aging parents) to visit the Lourie Center on October 5.
· Representatives from over 50 Senior Services and Organizations
· Special Guest Appearance by WIS-TV’s Joe Pinner
· Senior & Regular Flu Shots, courtesy of Hawthorn Pharmacy. Medicare card or $30.
· Blood Pressure Screenings, courtesy of Pruitt Health
· Free Hearing and Otoscopic Screenings, courtesy of Doctors Care TruHearing Program
· BMI Checks, courtesy of Palmetto Health
· 11:30 AM-1 PM Free Chili Lunch served, courtesy of Colonial Gardens. 200 lunch tickets will be distributed to guests, first come, first serve beginning at 9 am. Lunch pre-registration available for groups of 5 or more who carpool or bus together.
· Dixieland Jazz Performances by Dixieland Codgers
· Guitar Performance by Pamela Austin
· Lourie Center Jewelry Class Jewelry Sale
· Class Demonstrations
· Door Prizes throughout the day
Executive Director Sandra Owensby encourages you all to “Discover the Lourie Center. Join our vibrant members, friends, neighbors and business associates for a fun, entertaining and educational experience at our Fall Festival. The Fall Festival helps spotlight what a privilege aging can be and the many resources available for seniors.”
The Lourie Center’s Wheels shuttle bus will be providing free transportation to the Center from Christopher Towers, Finley House, and Marion Street Apartments residences, 8:30 am-1:30 pm.
Medicine Mart Pharmacy
Absolute Total Care
Thompson Funeral Home at Greenlawn Memorial Park
Right at Home Columbia
Lutheran Homes of SC
The Lourie Center provides opportunities for adults over 50 to remain physically fit, socially engaged, intellectually stimulated, and independent. For more information, call 803-779-1971 or visit the web site at www.louriecentersc.com
SCBIZtv is part of the SC Biz News family, serving 100,000 high-level business execs throughout South Carolina. Click for more from SCBIZtv.