Statewide, 65 Haynsworth Sinkler Boyd attorneys were recognized by Best Lawyers in their respective practice areas.
COLUMBIA, SC (August 15, 2019) – Haynsworth Sinkler Boyd is proud to announce that Best Lawyers®, a legal peer-review guide, has selected 27 attorneys for inclusion in The 2020 Best Lawyers in America© and three attorneys as “Lawyer of the Year” for Columbia.
The following have been recognized as “Lawyer of the Year” for their respective practice areas in Columbia:
- John B. McArthur – Real Estate Law
- Stanley H. McGuffin – Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights / Insolvency and Reorganization Law
- Steve A. Matthews – Appellate Practice
The following Columbia attorneys are listed in The 2020 Best Lawyers in America© for the specific practice areas:
- A. Parker Barnes III (2019) – Commercial Litigation; Litigation – Real Estate
- James Y. Becker (2012) – Litigation – Banking and Finance
- Elizabeth H. Black (2019) – Commercial Litigation
- William C. Boyd (1993) – Antitrust Law; Corporate Law; Mergers and Acquisitions Law; Real Estate Law
- John C. Bruton, Jr. (2010) – Insurance Law; Litigation – Construction; Litigation – Real Estate; Personal Injury Litigation – Defendants
- Mary Caskey (2019) – Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights / Insolvency and Reorganization Law; Consumer Law
- Joseph D. Clark (2009) – Corporate Law; Securities / Capital Markets Law
- Suzanne H. Clawson (2008) – Corporate Compliance Law; Corporate Governance Law; Corporate Law; Securities / Capital Markets Law; Securities Regulation
- Frank W. Cureton (2005) – Tax Law; Trusts and Estates
- J. Donald Dial, Jr. (1983) – Tax Law; Trusts and Estates
- Clarke W. DuBose (2011) – Mass Tort Litigation / Class Action – Defendants; Product Liability Litigation – Defendants
- Theodore B. DuBose (2003) – Public Finance Law
- Randolph B. Epting (2005) – Corporate Law; Mergers and Acquisitions Law; Tax Law
- Thomas R. Gottshall (2011) – Product Liability Litigation – Defendants
- Manton M. Grier (2003) – Commercial Litigation; Litigation – Antitrust
- William R. Johnson (2013) – Economic Development Law; Tax Law
- George S. King, Jr. (1993) – Banking and Finance Law; Corporate Law; Financial Services Regulation Law; Securities / Capital Markets Law; Securities Regulation
- Robert Y. Knowlton (2010) – Bet-the-Company Litigation; Commercial Litigation; Litigation – Intellectual Property; Litigation – Securities
- Steve A. Matthews (2010) – Appellate Practice
- John B. McArthur (2008) – Real Estate Law
- Stanley H. McGuffin (2005) – Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights / Insolvency and Reorganization Law; Bet-the-Company Litigation; Litigation – Bankruptcy
- Gary W. Morris (2011) – Corporate Law; Real Estate Law
- Hamilton Osborne, Jr. (2010) – Appellate Practice; Commercial Litigation; Litigation – Banking and Finance; Litigation – Bankruptcy
- Roopal S. Ruparelia (*) – Product Liability Litigation – Defendants
- John K. Van Duys (2005) – Public Finance Law
- H. Clayton Walker (*) – Personal Injury Litigation – Defendants
- Benton D. Williamson (2010) – Real Estate Law
For a full list of HSB attorneys recognized in The 2020 Best Lawyers in America©, visit our website, www.hsblawfirm.com/news.
(Year) First year the lawyer was listed in any practice area
(*) Lawyers who are listed for the first time
About Best Lawyers
Best Lawyers is the oldest and most respected peer review publication in the legal profession. Recognition in Best Lawyers is based entirely on peer review. More information on the methodology process may be found online at https://www.bestlawyers.com/methodology.
About Haynsworth Sinkler Boyd, P.A.
Haynsworth Sinkler Boyd provides business, litigation and financial legal services to national and international clients. With a history dating back to 1887, it is one of the largest law firms in South Carolina with more than 115 attorneys. The firm has offices in Charleston, Columbia, Florence, Greenville and Myrtle Beach, SC. For more information, visit www.hsblawfirm.com.
SCBIZtv is part of the SC Biz News family, serving 100,000 high-level business execs throughout South Carolina. Click for more from SCBIZtv.