Statewide, 77 Haynsworth Sinkler Boyd attorneys were recognized by Best Lawyers® in their respective practice areas.
COLUMBIA, SC (August 20, 2020) – Haynsworth Sinkler Boyd is proud to announce that Best Lawyers®, a legal peer-review guide, has selected 30 attorneys for inclusion in The 2021 Best Lawyers in America©, including two attorneys as “Lawyer of the Year” for Columbia and one attorney as “One to Watch” in Columbia.
The following have been recognized as “Lawyer of the Year” for their respective practice areas in Columbia:
- Clarke W. DuBose – Mass Tort Litigation / Class Action – Defendants
- Robert Y. Knowlton –Litigation – Intellectual Property
The following attorneys are listed in The 2021 Best Lawyers in America© for these specific practice areas:
- A. Parker Barnes III (2019) – Commercial Litigation; Litigation – Real Estate
- James Y. Becker (2012) – Consumer Law; Litigation – Banking and Finance
- Elizabeth H. Black (2019) – Commercial Litigation
- William C. Boyd (1993) – Antitrust Law; Corporate Law; Mergers and Acquisitions Law; Real Estate Law
- John C. Bruton, Jr. (2010) – Insurance Law; Litigation – Construction; Litigation – Real Estate; Personal Injury Litigation – Defendants
- Mary Caskey (2019) – Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights / Insolvency and Reorganization Law; Consumer Law
- Joseph D. Clark (2009) – Corporate Law; Securities / Capital Markets Law
- Suzanne H. Clawson (2008) – Corporate Compliance Law; Corporate Governance Law; Corporate Law; Securities / Capital Markets Law; Securities Regulation
- Frank W. Cureton (2005) – Tax Law; Trusts and Estates
- J. Donald Dial, Jr. (1983) – Tax Law; Trusts and Estates
- Clarke W. DuBose (2012) – Mass Tort Litigation / Class Actions – Defendants; Product Liability Litigation – Defendants
- Theodore B. DuBose (2003) – Public Finance Law
- Randolph B. Epting (2005) – Corporate Law; Mergers and Acquisitions Law; Tax Law
- L. Foster Girard (*) – Corporate Law
- Thomas R. Gottshall (2013) – Product Liability Litigation – Defendants
- Manton M. Grier (2006) – Commercial Litigation; Litigation – Antitrust
- William R. Johnson (2013) – Economic Development Law; Tax Law
- George S. King, Jr. (1995) – Banking and Finance Law; Corporate Law; Financial Services Regulation Law; Securities / Capital Markets Law; Securities Regulation
- Robert Y. Knowlton (2010) – Bet-the-Company Litigation; Commercial Litigation; Litigation – Intellectual Property; Litigation – Securities
- John K. Langford (*) – Corporate Law; Real Estate Law
- Steve A. Matthews (2010) – Appellate Practice
- John B. McArthur (2008) – Real Estate Law
- Stanley H. McGuffin (2005) – Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights / Insolvency and Reorganization Law; Bet-the-Company Litigation; Litigation – Bankruptcy
- Gary W. Morris (2011) – Corporate Law; Real Estate Law
- Hamilton Osborne, Jr. (2010) – Appellate Practice; Commercial Litigation; Litigation – Banking and Finance; Litigation – Bankruptcy
- Costa M. Pleicones (*) – Appellate Practice
- Roopal S. Ruparelia (2020) – Personal Injury Litigation – Defendants; Product Liability Litigation – Defendants
- John K. Van Duys (2005) – Public Finance Law
- Benton D. Williamson (2010) – Real Estate Law
This year’s selections included those recognized in the 2021 Edition of Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch, recognizing associates and other lawyers who are earlier in their careers for their outstanding professional excellence in private practice. The following attorney is listed as “One to Watch”:
- Kathleen M. Muthig (*) – Administrative / Regulatory Law; Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights / Insolvency and Reorganization Law; Litigation – Banking and Finance
For a full list of HSB attorneys recognized in The 2021 Best Lawyers in America©, visit our website, www.hsblawfirm.com/news.
(Year) First year the lawyer was listed in any practice area
(*) Lawyers who are listed for the first time
About Best Lawyers
Best Lawyers is the oldest and most respected peer review publication in the legal profession. Recognition in Best Lawyers is based entirely on peer review. More information on the methodology process may be found online at https://www.bestlawyers.com/methodology.
About Haynsworth Sinkler Boyd, P.A.
Haynsworth Sinkler Boyd provides business, litigation and financial legal services to local, national and international clients. With a history dating back to 1887, it is one of the largest law firms in South Carolina with more than 115 attorneys. The firm has offices in Charleston, Columbia, Florence and Greenville, SC. For more information, visit www.hsblawfirm.com.
SCBIZtv is part of the SC Biz News family, serving 100,000 high-level business execs throughout South Carolina. Click for more from SCBIZtv.