Associated Builders and Contractors (ABC) Carolinas Chapter, which has councils in the Midlands, Lowcountry and the Upstate, recently celebrated the graduating Class of 2019 for the Chapter’s Apprenticeship & Craft Training Program. Graduating apprentices represent construction industry companies in both South Carolina and North Carolina.
The ceremony was held at the Charlotte Knights baseball game on Thursday, June 6, 2019. Included in the festivities was a Keynote Address by Kathryn Castelloes, ApprenticeshipNC Director, and the pre-game recognition of graduates on the field – with the first pitch thrown out by Class Valedictorian, Andy Foster of Kershaw, S.C.
The ABC Carolinas Chapter educational program encompasses four years of evening classes, two nights per week each semester, using the standardized curriculum developed by the National Center for Construction Education and Research (NCCER). In addition to their education, apprenticeship students are certified by ApprenticeshipNC while receiving full-time on-the-job instruction with an ABC member company.
“We are proud of the commitment made by our graduating students, and of our membership who invest in their employees by providing continued construction education through the ABC program,” said Angela Latino, President/CEO of the ABC Carolinas Chapter.
The Class of 2019 included the following graduates from participating member contractors.
• Adams Electric Company – John Choi
• Gaylor Electric – William Rhoderick
• HardHat Workforce Solutions – Martin Lopez
• Howard Brothers Electric – Andy Foster, Soeub Khen, Patrick Monroe, and Ronald Small
• Tech Electric Corporation – Bobby Carlton
• Watson Electrical Construction Company – Dave Carlton, Jimmie George, Joseph Hensley, Kevin King, Trevor Lynch, and Wesley Sartain
• WB Moore Company – Ryan Biggerstaff, Logan Briggs, Jeremy Gary, Ansel (Dustin) Greenwood, and Marshall Sizemore
• Non-member graduates – Alejandro Ayala, and Xai Hang.
For information on the ABC Carolinas Apprenticeship and Craft Training Program, please contact Sara Breeggemann, Director of Workforce Development ( http://www.abccarolinas.org/About-Us/Contact-Us/Charlotte-Office ).
SCBIZtv is part of the SC Biz News family, serving 100,000 high-level business execs throughout South Carolina. Click for more from SCBIZtv.