Business and industry leaders are invited to attend a free breakfast featuring a panel discussion and information session about apprenticeship programs in South Carolina on May 24. Registered apprenticeships are available in a number of industries, including manufacturing, information technology, health care, professional services, energy, construction, tourism and hospitality.
For more information or to register for this free event, click here.
The Apprenticeship Accelerator Breakfast will be held from 7:15-9 a.m., May 24 at the DoubleTree by Hilton Columbia on Bush River Road.
Learn how to:
Grow your talent pipeline with Registered Apprenticeship
- Methods to attract and retain the region's brightest talent
- How to engage with the support network provided by local technical colleges, school districts and Apprenticeship CarolinaTM
- South Carolina Apprenticeship Tax Credit
- Presentation detailing the Apprenticeship development process by:
- Amanda Lucas, Midlands Apprenticeship Consultant, Apprenticeship Carolina
Industry / Education Panel moderated by:
Carla Whitlock, Senior Apprenticeship Consultant, Apprenticeship Carolina
- Brooks Burnside, training and devleopment manager, Nephron Pharmaceuticals Corp.
- Jeremy Catoe, business solutions director, Corporate and Continuing Education, Midlands Technical College
- Additional panelists to be announced.
Funding for this event has been provided by a $200,000 Accelerator grant from the U.S. Department of Labor Employment and Training Administration. Funds were granted to Apprenticeship CarolinaTM for the purpose of promoting apprenticeship opportunities across the state.
SCBIZtv is part of the SC Biz News family, serving 100,000 high-level business execs throughout South Carolina. Click for more from SCBIZtv.