The Therapy Place Board of Directors will soon be celebrating its 10-year anniversary of helping local children who have challenges and/or disabilities reach their full potential. Entering the new decade, the board is doubling in size to further the mission and increase the number served and services offered.
Board President, Heather McDonald says, “The Therapy Place is here to stay. We have weathered quite a few storms in the economic and healthcare fronts and yet we still continue to grow. We now have the capacity to serve even more children, which is why it is so crucial for us to continue to raise awareness in our community and also expand our donation base."
The seven new members joining The Therapy Place Board are:
• Charles Foster, Southeastern Insurance Consultants
• Nicole Huffman, Columbia Metropolitan Airport
• Melanie Matthews, Modern Exterminating
• Marcella Ridley, Winston’s Wish
• Liza Robertson, SC DOT
• Whitney Starling, Palmetto Pediatrics
• Amber Watson, Watson Weddings
Each of these new board members will garner additional support both professionally and personally for The Therapy Place and be influential in broadening our support system.
These new members join existing board members:
• Michael Anthos, CoBank
• Renee Ballew, Bell, Carrington, Price & Gregg, LLC (Board VP)
• Carlynn Cary, CCM Investment Advisers, LLC
• Shannon Cheek, Central Energy & Loosh Culinaire
• Nancy Goffi, Personal Trainer, TTP Parent (Board Secretary)
• Dr. Tessa Gonzalez, Pediatrician
• Heather McDonald, LawyerLisa, LLC (Board President)
• Adam Odom, South State Bank (Board Treasurer)
• Jack Oliver, Jack Oliver Pools, Spa and Patio
The Therapy Place is dedicated to providing exceptional Occupational Therapy, Physical Therapy, and Speech and Language Therapy services as well as offering the only therapeutic preschool in the midlands. The Therapy Place serves over 120 children with special needs and developmental delays as well as the entire family through support groups, workshops, fun days, field trips and more.
SCBIZtv is part of the SC Biz News family, serving 100,000 high-level business execs throughout South Carolina. Click for more from SCBIZtv.