COLUMBIA, S.C. (March 13, 2019) — Colonial Life and its employees teamed up to contribute more than $2.4 million to S.C. nonprofits in 2018.
The multimillion-dollar impact came from a combination of corporate contributions of more than $1.8 million, employee-directed giving and the approximated value of 10,900 employee volunteer hours given to charitable organizations in 2018.
“Giving back to our community is a significant and important part of our company’s culture,” said Colonial Life President and CEO Tim Arnold. “While it’s great to see the financial impact our employees make through our company, we know that hundreds are also active volunteers in their own communities.”
Colonial Life’s corporate social responsibility program focuses on education, health and wellness, and cultural arts. The United Way of the Midlands was the largest single beneficiary of the company’s charitable giving last year. It received more than $388,000 from the company and its employees.
Other major charitable investments during 2018 included:
• Progression of the teacher success program through the Carolina TIP program at the University of South Carolina College of Education;
• Funds for local classrooms through the Strong Schools Grants program;
• Educational enrichment programs at Riverbanks Zoo & Gardens and with The Boys & Girls Clubs of the Midlands;
• Continuing support of the Educator Leadership Experience; Support of youth development programs at EdVenture;
• Supporting area homeless at Transitions Homeless Center; and
• A two-day home repair project through Home Works of America.
See stories of Colonial Life’s community spirit in action on the WorkLife website at worklife.coloniallife.com.
About Colonial Life
Colonial Life & Accident Insurance Company is a market leader in providing financial protection benefits through the workplace, including disability, life, accident, dental, cancer, critical illness and hospital confinement indemnity insurance. The company’s benefit services and education, innovative enrollment technology and personal service support nearly 100,000 businesses and organizations, and 4.5 million of America’s workers and their families. For more information visit www.coloniallife.com or connect with the company at www.facebook.com/coloniallifebenefits, www.twitter.com/coloniallife and www.linkedin.com/company/colonial-life. Colonial Life is a registered trademark and marketing brand of Colonial Life & Accident Insurance Company.
SCBIZtv is part of the SC Biz News family, serving 100,000 high-level business execs throughout South Carolina. Click for more from SCBIZtv.