COLUMBIA, S.C. (Nov. 13, 2018) — Colonial Life, a company that has shown commitment to community engagement and giving throughout its 80-year history, will be recognized this month with the SC Branded Charitable Impact Award from the S.C. Chamber of Commerce.
The SC Branded Awards honor local initiatives, locations, products, and events that make up the brand that is South Carolina. The chamber, in partnership with The Brand Leader, will present the 2018 SC Branded Awards on Nov. 26.
“Our winners and finalists represent the best products and services that our state has to offer,” said Ted Pitts, SC Chamber President & CEO. “The companies are advancing the state in areas of economic development, community engagement, environmental stewardship and more.”
Colonial Life’s corporate social responsibility program focuses on three main areas: education, health and wellness, and cultural arts. Over the past three years alone, the company has donated $6.3 million to charitable organizations, while employees contributed a combined 34,600 hours of volunteer time.
“While it is always nice to be recognized for our company’s charitable work, the true winners are our 1,300 employees,” said Colonial Life President and CEO Tim Arnold. “Every year they contribute their time, their talents and their finances to make an impact in their community. It is a privilege to work alongside them each and every day.”
In addition to United Way of the Midlands — the single largest beneficiary of the company’s charitable giving — other major efforts over the past three years have included:
• Partnering with the University of South Carolina on the innovative CarolinaTIP program to improve teacher retention;
• Partnering with HomeWorks of America Inc. to rebuild a Columbia woman’s home following the devastating 2015 floods;
• Launching the Education Leaders Experience for area school executives;
• Continuing support of an after-school enrichment program with Boys & Girls Clubs of the Midlands;
• Contributing to an ongoing reading and mentoring partnership with St. Andrews Middle School; and
• Continuing a Strong Schools Grant Program that benefitted teachers in Richland School District One and Lexington School District Two with more than $100,000 contributed.
About Colonial Life
Colonial Life & Accident Insurance Company is a market leader in providing financial protection benefits through the workplace, including disability, life, accident, dental, cancer, critical illness and hospital confinement indemnity insurance. The company’s benefit services and education, innovative enrollment technology and personal service support more than 90,000 businesses and organizations, and 3.8 million of America’s workers and their families. For more information visit www.coloniallife.com or connect with the company at www.facebook.com/coloniallifebenefits, www.twitter.com/coloniallife and www.linkedin.com/company/colonial-life. Colonial Life is a registered trademark and marketing brand of Colonial Life & Accident Insurance Company.
SCBIZtv is part of the SC Biz News family, serving 100,000 high-level business execs throughout South Carolina. Click for more from SCBIZtv.