CAYCE, S.C. (Oct. 14, 2021) – Dominion Energy South Carolina offers a suite of programs and services to help customers make their homes and businesses more energy efficient.
“We work year-round helping our customers learn ways they can reduce their energy usage and save money, and Energy Action Month is an especially great opportunity to remind them of our available programs,” said Ginger Greenway, program manager. “Now being conducted virtually, our Home Energy Check-Up is a great place to start. We give participating customers practical tips and easy steps to improve the energy efficiency of their homes. From there, we recommend more targeted programs to make noticeable differences in energy consumption and on their electric bill.”
To help eligible residential electric customers decrease energy use, Dominion Energy has the following programs:
• EnergyWise Online Savings Store is offering 50% off existing discounts for its entire line of Energy Starcertified products like LED bulbs, smart lighting, smart thermostats, advanced power strips and more. This limited time offer is available from Oct. 15 through Nov. 15.
• Appliance Recycling Program enables qualifying customers to receive $50 cash back and free no-contact pickup when recycling eligible full-sized refrigerators or freezers. Qualifying customers who schedule a pickup through Nov. 30 will be entered to win one of five Home Depot gift cards valued at $500.
• Virtual Home Energy Check-Up offers a free consultation with an energy expert by video chat or telephone call to help identify ways to improve a home’s overall energy efficiency.
• Heating & Cooling Equipment Program allows customers to receive rebates up to $500 toward the cost of purchasing and installing new Energy Star-qualified central air conditioning systems and heat pumps, as well as making ductwork improvements in existing residences.
Energy-saving programs are also available for eligible Dominion Energy small business, commercial or industrial electric customers:
• Small Business Energy Solutions provides incentives for certain energy-efficient upgrades with refrigeration, lighting and HVAC system improvements, including a free on-site energy analysis. Incentives cover 90% of project costs up to $6,000. This program is available to small business and nonprofit customers with five or fewer Dominion Energy electric accounts and an annual energy use of 350,000 kilowatt-hours or less.
• EnergyWise for Your Business provides financial incentives to reduce the upfront costs of energy efficiency improvements with an annual cap of $100,000 per project type each program year. Project types include Lighting, HVAC, Food Service and Custom.
To learn more about programs, including customer eligibility and restrictions, as well as tips on how to be more energy wise, visit DominionEnergySC.com/EnergyWise or call 877-510-7234.
About Dominion Energy
More than 7 million customers in 16 states energize their homes and businesses with electricity or natural gas from Dominion Energy (NYSE: D), headquartered in Richmond, Va. The company is committed to sustainable, reliable, affordable and safe energy and to achieving net zero carbon dioxide and methane emissions from its power generation and gas infrastructure operations by 2050. Please visit DominionEnergy.com to learn more.
SCBIZtv is part of the SC Biz News family, serving 100,000 high-level business execs throughout South Carolina. Click for more from SCBIZtv.