Total donation amount expected to exceed $100K
Columbia, S.C. – With an expected $100K+ up for grabs, five Midlands non-profits have turned out more than 23,000 votes of support in Columbia real estate company The Moore Company’s ‘Flip & Give’ project. When tallied, the votes will determine how much each charity will receive when the crowd-sourced renovation is completed and sold. Achieve Columbia, Camp Cole, Midlands Fatherhood Coalition, The Women’s Shelter and The Therapy Place were all vying for the top spot.
“The support that these groups were able to generate speaks to the great things they’re doing in our community,” said The Moore Company owner, Graeme Moore. “From day one, we’ve been floored by the generosity of those in our community – from viewers and voters, to small business owners who stepped up to donate their materials, time and talents. Now all we need to do is get the house finished and on the market.”
Launched in July 2018, the ‘Flip & Give’ initiative allows viewers to make critical design choices in the renovation of a historic Shandon Bungalow.The last design selection is open now, and will round out a process that included the master bathroom layout, kitchen cabinet style, exterior paint color and more. Voters were also encouraged to nominate their favorite charities for a chance to receive a portion of the net proceeds from the sale of the home. With the five winners now in place, donation totals will be announced following the sale of the home.
About the charities:
- Achieve Columbia – A non-profit helping to mitigate the effects of childhood trauma and build resiliency so that kids have the opportunity to achieve their full potential.
- Camp Cole – An ADA-compliant, state-of-the-art facility being built in the Midlands of South Carolina for children and adults facing serious illness and other physical and mental health challenges.
- Midlands Fatherhood Coalition - Provides resources to help fathers throughout the Midlands overcome the barriers to being a responsible and involved father.
- The Therapy Place – Provides traditional and innovative therapies and recreational opportunities for children with special needs in an environment that is family-friendly, while also offering resources and education for parents/caregivers.
- The Women’s Shelter – Seeks to provide lasting change in the lives of homeless women, providing them with the tools and skills they need to become healthy, safe and self-sufficient.
SCBIZtv is part of the SC Biz News family, serving 100,000 high-level business execs throughout South Carolina. Click for more from SCBIZtv.