Columbia, SC ─ The South Carolina Governor's School for Science & Mathematics (GSSM) Foundation is pleased to welcome the following new members to its Board of Directors:
- Hamid Aboutorabi, PhD, Director & President, Giti Tire R&D Center (North America)
- Brad Alexander, Vice President & Chief Technology Officer, Immedion, LLC
- Connie Cain, Manager-Large Customer Accounts & Services, Dominion Energy
- Sheria A. Clarke, Of Counsel, Nelson Mullins Riley & Scarborough, LLP
- Ashley Daugherty, PhD, Chief Scientific Officer, Nephron Pharmaceuticals
- Douglas W. Kim Attorney, Kim and Lahey Law Firm, LLC
- Christopher S. Madden, Director of Product Pre-Development, Commercial Vehicle Tires,
- Americas Zone, Michelin North America, Inc.
- Jill Menhart, Director of Organizational Development, VC3
- Michele Pridgen, Community and Government Relations Manager, Honda of South Carolina Mfg., Inc.
- Paul M. Westelaken, Senior Manager Quality Management, MTU America, Inc.
- Jun Xu, President, Brighton Best International, Inc.
The GSSM Foundation also recently appointed the following board officers for the 2019-2020 term:
- President Bob Brown, CEO, Integrated Systems, Inc, Darlington
- Vice President James Gergen, CEO, CPM Federal Credit Union, North Charleston
- Secretary Cole Dudley, Director of Industry Programs, SCRA, Greenville
- Treasurer Heather L. Srulevich, VP & CFO, BlueCross BlueShield of South Carolina
The GSSM Foundation supports GSSM by giving voice to its needs, providing supplemental funds to augment its programs, and informing the public of itsaccomplishments and contributions to the quality of life and economic prosperity of South Carolina. Its core objectives include fundraising and alumni relations.
”We are pleased to welcome to the GSSM Foundation Board this strong group of leaders representing a wide variety of industries and constituents, including GSSM alumni and parents, from across South Carolina and beyond. Along with the current dedicated board directors, they will help the Foundation raise awareness and funds for the exceptional programs and students of GSSM,” said Bob Brown, GSSM Foundation Board President.
The eleven new Foundation board members join nineteen current members from across the state. Visit www.scgssm.org to see the full GSSM Foundation Board of Directors list. For more information, call the GSSM Foundation at (803) 252-9152.
Founded in 1988, the South Carolina Governor’s School for Science & Mathematics is a nationally recognized school serving over four hundred of the state's most accomplished STEM students in the 10th through 12th grades through its residential and virtual programs. GSSM offers college-level courses and experiences in science, technology, engineering, and mathematics at its campus in Hartsville. The school also delivers virtual curricula in engineering and STEM disciplines to students in partner school districts throughout the state. GSSM’s dynamic outreach programs, including science summer camps and teacher training, impact over 5,000 K-12 students every year. Learn more by visiting www.scgssm.org.