Haynsworth Sinkler Boyd is pleased to announce that 36 attorneys have been selected to the 2018 South Carolina Super Lawyers® and South Carolina Rising Stars lists.
Super Lawyers recognizes attorneys who have distinguished themselves in their legal practice. There is a multiphase selection process, including peer evaluations. Those selected for the Super Lawyers list are among the top 5% of attorneys in the state.
- Scott Y. Barnes*: Tax
- Amy Foster Bower: Personal Injury – General: Defense (Rising Star)
- Stephen E. Darling: Personal Injury – Products: Defense
- Pierce T. MacLennan: Employment & Labor (Rising Star)
- Stafford J. McQuillin III: Business Litigation (Rising Star)
- David M. Swanson*: Real Estate
- John H. Tiller: Personal Injury – Products: Defense
- A. Parker Barnes III: Real Estate
- James Y. Becker: Business Litigation
- Elizabeth H. Black: Business Litigation (Rising Star)
- Mary M. Caskey: Creditor Debtor Rights (Rising Star)
- J. Donald Dial, Jr.*: Tax
- L. Foster Girard: Business Litigation (Rising Star)
- Thomas R. Gottshall: Environmental Litigation
- Manton M. Grier*: Business Litigation
- George S. King, Jr.: Securities & Corporate Finance
- Robert Y. Knowlton: Business Litigation
- Steve A. Matthews: Business/Corporate
- John B. McArthur: Real Estate
- Stanley H. McGuffin*: Bankruptcy: Business
- Hamilton Osborne, Jr.: Business Litigation
- S. Ross Shealy: Civil Litigation: Defense (Rising Star)
- Benton D. Williamson*: Real Estate
- J. Ben Alexander: Personal Injury – Medical Malpractice: Defense
- W. David Conner: Personal Injury – Products: Defense
- Bonnie A. Lynch: Business Litigation (Rising Star)
- H. Sam Mabry III*: Business Litigation
- Christopher B. Major: Business Litigation (Rising Star)
- Denny P. Major: Business Litigation (Rising Star)
- W. Francis Marion, Jr.*: Business Litigation
- Moffatt G. McDonald*: Personal Injury – General: Defense
- Kathleen C. McKinney: Government Finance
- H. Donald Sellers: Business Litigation
- Kenneth N. Shaw: Personal Injury – Medical Malpractice: Defense (Rising Star)
- Joshua D. Spencer: Construction Litigation (Rising Star)
- Kimberly Witherspoon: Government Finance (Rising Star)
*Indicates the attorney has been listed for 10 or more years
About Super Lawyers
Super Lawyers is a research-driven, peer influenced rating service of lawyers who have attained a high degree of peer recognition and professional achievement. Each year, no more than five percent of lawyers in the state are named by Super Lawyers. Rising Stars must be under 40 years old or have less than 10 years of legal experience. The selection process is multi-phased and includes independent research, peer nominations and peer evaluations. The Super Lawyers lists are published in Super Lawyers Magazine and in leading city and regional magazines across the country.
About Haynsworth Sinkler Boyd, P.A.
Haynsworth Sinkler Boyd provides business, litigation, and financial legal services to national and international clients. With a history dating back to 1887, it is one of the largest law firms in South Carolina with more than 115 attorneys. The firm has offices in Charleston, Columbia, Florence, Greenville and Myrtle Beach, SC. For more information about HSB, visit www.hsblawfirm.com.
SCBIZtv is part of the SC Biz News family, serving 100,000 high-level business execs throughout South Carolina. Click for more from SCBIZtv.