Best Lawyers®, a legal peer-review guide, has selected four Haynsworth Sinkler Boyd attorneys as “Lawyer of the Year” for 2019 in Columbia, SC. Only a single lawyer in each practice area and designated metropolitan area are honored as the “Lawyer of the Year,” making this accolade particularly significant.
The following attorneys have been named Best Lawyers 2019 “Lawyer of the Year” for their respective practice areas in Columbia:
- Frank W. Cureton – Trusts and Estates
- John C. Bruton, Jr. – Litigation – Construction
- Suzanne H. Clawson – Securities / Capital Markets Law
- William R. Johnson – Economic Development Law
HSB is also proud to share the following Columbia lawyers were selected by their peers for inclusion in The 2019 Best Lawyers in America© list for the specific practice areas:
- A. Parker Barnes III (*) – Litigation – Real Estate
- James Y. Becker (2012) – Litigation – Banking and Finance
- Elizabeth Black (*) – Commercial Litigation
- William C. Boyd (1993) – Antitrust Law; Corporate Law; Mergers and Acquisitions Law; Real Estate Law
- John C. Bruton, Jr. (2010) – Insurance Law; Litigation – Construction; Litigation – Real Estate; Personal Injury Litigation – Defendants
- Mary Caskey (*) – Consumer Law
- Joseph D. Clark (2009) – Corporate Law; Securities / Capital Markets Law
- Suzanne H. Clawson (2008) – Corporate Compliance Law; Corporate Governance Law; Corporate Law; Securities / Capital Markets Law; Securities Regulation
- Frank W. Cureton (2005) – Tax Law; Trusts and Estates
- J. Donald Dial, Jr. (1983) – Tax Law; Trusts and Estates
- Clarke W. DuBose (2011) – Mass Tort Litigation / Class Action – Defendants; Product Liability Litigation – Defendants
- Theodore B. DuBose (2003) – Public Finance Law
- Randolph B. Epting (2005) – Corporate Law; Mergers and Acquisitions Law; Tax Law
- Thomas R. Gottshall (2011) – Product Liability Litigation – Defendants
- Manton M. Grier (2003) – Commercial Litigation; Litigation – Antitrust
- William R. Johnson (2013) – Economic Development Law; Tax Law
- George S. King, Jr. (1993) – Banking and Finance Law; Corporate Law; Financial Services Regulation Law; Securities / Capital Markets Law; Securities Regulation
- Robert Y. Knowlton (2010) – Bet-the-Company Litigation; Commercial Litigation; Litigation – Intellectual Property; Litigation – Securities
- Steve A. Matthews (2010) – Appellate Practice
- John B. McArthur (2008) – Real Estate Law
- Stanley H. McGuffin (2005) – Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights / Insolvency and Reorganization Law; Bet-the-Company Litigation; Litigation – Bankruptcy
- Gary W. Morris (2011) – Corporate Law; Real Estate Law
- Hamilton Osborne, Jr. (2010) – Appellate Practice; Commercial Litigation; Litigation – Banking and Finance; Litigation – Bankruptcy
- John K. Van Duys (2005) – Public Finance Law
- Benton D. Williamson (2010) – Real Estate Law
(Year) First year the lawyer was listed in any practice area
(*) Lawyers who are listed for the first time
Statewide, Haynsworth Sinkler Boyd has ten attorneys named Best Lawyers 2019 “Lawyer of the Year” and sixty attorneys listed in The 2019 Best Lawyers in America.
About Best Lawyers®
Since it was first published in 1983, Best Lawyers has become universally regarded as the definitive guide to legal excellence. Lawyers being honored as “Lawyer of the Year” by The Best Lawyers in America publication are selected based on particularly impressive voting averages received during the exhaustive peer-review assessments conducted with thousands of leading lawyers each year. Receiving this designation reflects the high level of respect a lawyer has earned among other leading lawyers in the same communities and the same practice areas for their abilities, their professionalism, and their integrity.
Best Lawyers lists are compiled based on an exhaustive peer-review evaluation. Over 79,000 leading attorneys globally are eligible to vote, and more than 12 million votes have been received to date on the legal abilities of other lawyers based on their specific practice areas around the world.
About Haynsworth Sinkler Boyd, P.A.
Haynsworth Sinkler Boyd provides business, litigation and financial legal services to national and international clients. With a history dating back to 1887, it is one of the largest law firms in South Carolina with more than 115 attorneys. The firm has offices in Charleston, Columbia, Florence, Greenville and Myrtle Beach, SC. For more information about HSB, visit www.hsblawfirm.com.
SCBIZtv is part of the SC Biz News family, serving 100,000 high-level business execs throughout South Carolina. Click for more from SCBIZtv.