(Columbia, SC) The Midlands Technical College Foundation Board elected new officers to lead the foundation through 2019. New board officers are:
- Chair, Scott Adams, Managing Director and Partner, TriolP, Inc.
- Vice Chair, Gwen Hampton, Director of Leadership Development, S.C. School Boards Association
- Treasurer, Chris Stormer, Shareholder, Bauknight, Pietras & Stormer, PA
- Secretary, Tamara Henderson, Senior VP, Growth Operations, Colonial Life
“It is an honor to serve as chair, and to serve with the other outstanding members of the Foundation,” said newly elected chair Scott Adams. “MTC is a valuable resource in providing outstanding educational opportunities for our students to find jobs in our community, state, and nation.”
“The members of our Foundation Board are critical partners with MTC as we look to increase private philanthropy for the college,” said MTC President Dr. Ronald L. Rhames. “We appreciate the dedication and service our Foundation Board members provide the college.”
Current board members include:
- Barbara Blau, President and CEO, DP Professionals
- James (Jim) Braun, Founder, President and CEO AVANTech, Inc.
- Dr. Krystal Conner, CEO, ENVIRO Agscience, Inc.
- David Dubberly, Attorney and Member, Nexsen Pruet
- Judge Tomothy Edmond, Summary Court Judge, Richland County Government
- Solomon Jackson, Jr., Retired
- Walter (Joe) Johnson, President and COO, Palmetto GBA
- William (Bill) Kirkland, Executive Director, Office of Economic Engagement, USC
- Willis Langley, III, Owner and Operator, Langley III, LLC
- Ernest (Ernie) Magaro, III, Retired
- Joseph (Joe) Powers, Wealth Management, Complex Director, Merrill Lynch
- Gerald (Jerry) Sweetland, President and CEO, PurePower Technologies
- Michael (Mike) Williams, Facility Personnel Manager, Michelin North America
- David Wooland, President and Owner, Midlands Tooling Systems, Inc.
Established in 1970, the Midlands Technical College Foundation provides the structure through which individuals, corporations, and other private sector interests can demonstrate their support for the academic programs and economic development services offered by Midlands Technical College. The MTC Foundation is an active partner in advancing the college’s community development mission and seeks financial and other support for the college.
About Midlands Technical College
Midlands Technical College (MTC) is a non-profit, six-campus, two-year public college serving Richland, Lexington, and Fairfield counties in South Carolina. MTC enrolls approximately 14,000 credit students annually making it the fifth-largest provider of higher education in South Carolina and one of the largest providers of transfer students to the University of South Carolina. The Corporate and Continuing Education (CCE) program is one of the largest and most comprehensive in the Southeast, with approximately 13,000 students and provides training to hundreds of area businesses each year. MIDLANDSTECH.EDU
SCBIZtv is part of the SC Biz News family, serving 100,000 high-level business execs throughout South Carolina. Click for more from SCBIZtv.