INDIANAPOLIS, July 25, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- Convince & Convert, a boutique digital marketing and customer experience consultancy, today released its list of the top 25 university web sites in its latest report.
In an analysis of the United States' top universities with a 100-point scoring system assessing both quantitative and qualitative factors, the following university websites topped the list:
- University of California Berkeley
- University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign
- University of Michigan
- University of Texas Austin
- University of South Carolina
"Higher learning institutions face more unique challenges than other businesses," said Convince & Convert founder Jay Baer. "The sales pipeline is years-long, the financial investment is tremendous, and the long-term impacts on society are immeasurable."
Convince & Convert discovered five primary best practices around which the most successful schools focus their website efforts:
- Clear navigation. Universities need to think of their web site as a store, and use concise language with a limited number of menu options.
- Outstanding mobile experience. Prioritize content, minimize images and make it readable. Eliminate extraneous fluff or unnecessary levels of complication.
- Make a great and useful first impression. Think of website visitors as an ongoing relationship, not a one-time date.
- Consistently emphasize your positioning. Knowing the considerable investment of time, finances and emotions of the product they offer, one would expect universities to excel at marketing themselves. Yet many fall short by being too vanilla.
- Enable the sale. Schools should make the financial processes for tuition and residency fees, donations and scholarships as seamless as possible.
Convince & Convert reviewed the top 50 universities in the United States based on undergraduate enrollment size determined by Niche.com's research. To learn more about the methodology and to access the full report, The Best Websites Among America's Top Universities: http://convinceandconvert.uberflip.com/t/254363-the-best-websites-among-america-s-top-universities
About Convince and Convert
Convince & Convert was founded by Jay Baer in 2008. The company was named to the Inc. 5000 list of the fastest-growing companies in America. Its Social Pros podcast, co-hosted by Baer, has been published every year for eight years, and was named Best Marketing Podcast. The firm has worked with some of the world's most iconic brands, like The United Nations, Cisco, Oracle, Hilton Hotels, The Grand Ole Opry, Bentley and more.
SCBIZtv is part of the SC Biz News family, serving 100,000 high-level business execs throughout South Carolina. Click for more from SCBIZtv.