Sales and Use Taxes can be complicated, which is why the South Carolina Department of Revenue (SCDOR) hosts industry-specific seminars to help business owners and tax professionals understand their tax obligations.
The SCDOR is offering a Sales and Use Tax seminar for the retail industry on August 21, 2018 in Beaufort. This seminar will be held from 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. and costs $50 to attend.Course materials and lunch are included.
This seminar includes:
- State and local Sales and Use Taxes basics
- Software, maintenance, and similar service contracts
- Exemptions and exclusions including sales for resale
- Reporting coupons (manufacturer’s coupons vs. retailer’s coupons)
- Audience Q&A opportunities with SCDOR’s knowledgeable staff
Pre-registration is required and must be received at least three days before the seminar. To register, complete and mail a registration form or contact SCDOR’s Taxpayer Education Coordinator at TaxpayerEducation@dor.sc.gov or 803-898-5264.
Continuing Education Credit
This seminar qualifies for continuing education credits. Participants should seek credit through their appropriate accreditation board. Certificates of attendance will be provided to participants.
SCBIZtv is part of the SC Biz News family, serving 100,000 high-level business execs throughout South Carolina. Click for more from SCBIZtv.