WASHINGTON U.S. Senator Tim Scott (R-SC) released the following statement upon the final passage of the FY 2020 National Defense Authorization Act:
“The United States military is the world’s finest. In a time of so much uncertainty, it is imperative that our armed forces are fully funded and well-equipped to deter any threat and defend the homeland. I am proud of the good work we’ve done in the Congress to ensure that while we seek peace in every corner of the earth, we maintain a world-class military ready to respond at any moment.
In South Carolina specifically, I’m glad that we secured the resources needed to move forward with plutonium pit production at the Savannah River Site (SRS)another important element of the SRS’s mission.”
South Carolina specific provisions that were championed and secured by Senator Scott are:
- $33.3 Million for Joint Base Charleston
- A total of $142 Million for Fort Jackson
- $37 Million for Parris Island
- $410.5 million for the Savannah River Plutonium Processing Facility Project
- $50 Million for the Advanced Manufacturing Collaborative Facility at the Savannah River Site
SCBIZtv is part of the SC Biz News family, serving 100,000 high-level business execs throughout South Carolina. Click for more from SCBIZtv.