As 2019 begins to wind down, Richland Library is looking back over the last year at what was trending among our more than 250,000 library card holders.
To compile our "best-of" lists, we collected the top 10 books, music and movies that our customers checked out or downloaded in 2019, which spanned a number of genres. They included picks from Oprah's Book Club and Reese's Book Club, New York Times bestsellers, and Tony Award and Academy Award winners.
See what was capturing the interests of local residents and how many of the top picks you can cross off your own reading, listening or viewing lists.
1. Where the Crawdads Sing (Delia Owens)
2. Becoming (Michelle Obama)
3. Educated: A Memoir (Tara Westover)
4. Nine Perfect Strangers (Liane Moriarty)
5. The Silent Patient (Alex Michaelides)
6. Girl, Wash Your Face: Stop Believing the Lies about Who You Are So You Can Become Who You Were Meant to Be (Rachel Hollis)
7. The Reckoning (John Grisham)
8. Before We Were Yours (Lisa Wingate)
9. The Hate U Give (Angie Thomas)
10. Queen Bee (Dorothea Benton Frank)
1. I Will Surprise My Friend! (Mo Willems)
2. My New Friend Is So Fun! (Mo Willems)
3. Waiting Is Not Easy! (Mo Willems)
4. Should I Share My Ice Cream? (Mo Willems)
5. I Really Like Slop! (Mo Willems)
6. Pete the Cat and the Cool Caterpillar (James Dean)
7. I Love My New Toy! (Mo Willems)
8. The Thank You Book (Mo Willems)
9. Pigs Make Me Sneeze! (Mo Willems)
10. Elephants Cannot Dance! (Mo Willems)
1. The Greatest Showman (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack)
2. KIDZ BOP Greatest Hits (KIDZ BOP)
3. Hamilton (Original Broadway Cast Recording)
4. Ultimate (Prince)
5. The Definitive Soul Collection (Otis Redding)
6. Bohemian Rhapsody (The Original Soundtrack)
7. KIDZ BOP Party Pop (KIDZ BOP)
8. Moana (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack)
9. WOW Hits 2018 (Various Artists)
10. NOW That's What I Call Disney 2 (Various Artists)
1. Green Book
2. Bohemian Rhapsody
4. The Equalizer 2
5. Robin Hood
6. The Girl in the Spider's Web
7. The Lego Movie 2: The Second Part
8. Night School
9. Nobody's Fool
10. Incredibles 2
For questions, please contact Emily Stoll at 803-587-3637 or email email@example.com.
About Richland Library
Awarded the National Medal in 2017 by the Institute of Museum and Library Services, Richland Library is a vibrant, contemporary organization that provides resources and information that advance the Midlands. Offering state-of-the-art technology, a variety of literary and cultural programs and 13 bustling facilities located throughout the county, Richland Library provides a truly customizable, modern library experience for residents and visitors alike.
SCBIZtv is part of the SC Biz News family, serving 100,000 high-level business execs throughout South Carolina. Click for more from SCBIZtv.